Monday, July 29, 2013

Updates!! Lots of them! And a cheap and easy chicken recipe!

So, I have been MIA over the last several months, but I have a great excuse! Several, actually.. 

The first? My husband and I are expecting our first child! We are very excited but I will tell you this pregnancy has consumed me! I was nauseous for the first 20 weeks, and now that we are about 35 weeks along and the nursery is about done, I have just a few moments of time where I can blog! I can't promise anything, but I will be home for a good chunk of time, so I hope to post something more frequently.. and fair warning, there might be some baby photos to go along with that.

Our little guy :)


The second? I've become an entrepreneur. Twice. I'm not sure if it was early nesting or if things just fell into place but I now have two small businesses. The first is a photography business. I'd been taking photos of other peoples' children for so long, it was about time I got paid for it. If you are interested, my website is Courtney Marie Photography. I will probably include photo tips and such on this blog, when I can.. but for now I'll leave you with some cute photos :)

What a cute toddler she is! She was so good for this shoot!

A client's little one- adorable!


The other business is a Mary Kay business. I get all sorts of reactions on this one! No, it's not just grandma's makeup :) Yes, I absolutely love their products. No, I'm not crazy. I have a lot of skin reactions and finally found some products that have improved my skin, even during pregnancy. Plus, living in the south means a high risk for skin cancer and they have a great daily facial sunscreen that agrees with my skin. I probably won't mention it again on this blog, but if you are interested, send me an email to craftyhobbyhouse@gmail.com and I'll be glad to give you more information :)



I've also gotten back into a healthier eating pattern (for the most part). Pregnancy has disrupted this, but I have been loving some new recipes and will share as I get them. I try to eat a higher protein, lower simple carb diet but on busy nights and when we are on a super tight budget (when are we NOT) I have to go to the staples of rice or pasta- but I still try to make those as healthy as possible. Here is a recent recipe I got off of BigOven (love their app!!) that was yummy- although it doesn't look like much-- it's easy and cheap (add frozen veggies and it's a little more healthy!)

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake

Main Dish  »  Casseroles     Original Yield: 4      Sized to 4 Servings
Easy to Make. Kids Love it!
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
photo by Rayel 

Ingredients

1 10.75-oz can Cream of Chicken Soup; Regular or 98% fat free1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper ground
1 1/3 cups Water1 1/2 pounds Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Halves about 4 - 6
3/4 cups Rice; Uncooked Regular long-grain white1 cup Cheddar Cheese (4 oz) Shredded
1/2 teaspoon Onion powder

Preparation

Mix soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in 2qt. shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 F for 45 min. or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
Uncover, sprinkle cheese over chicken, the cheese melts from the heat of the chicken.
For a nice addition stir in 2 cups of fresh or canned, or frozen vegetables into soup mixture before topping with chicken.


An update on the garden? Nada. Being prego killed my motivation this summer.. but I do want to have another winter garden. I'll probably update you all now and then!


And finally, I've really slacked off on project life :( I've been taking occasional notes, and keeping up with taking photos, so it won't take too long to catch up but I hate having to catch up! I plan to be better when our little man arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment