Oh, how I love the starbucks spinach feta wraps. I usually can't resist them if I haven't had breakfast and am in line for coffee! Plus they are *sort of* healthy, right?
Anyway, I've been prepping for the arrival of our Little Lady and making freezer meals, including breakfast. I find I function much better with a hot breakfast that is higher in protein and have had a hankering to try and replicate these at home. They are not exact, but close and I like them so I suppose that's what really matters! They can be made lower carb too if you use the right wraps!
Spinach Feta Wraps
makes 8 wraps
8 large tortillas ( I used low carb)
3 cups egg whites, salted to taste
2 jars tomato pesto
4oz feta cheese
2 cups fresh spinach (more if you like spinach!)
*also aluminum foil
1. Gather ingredients. Pull off 8 pieces of aluminum foil, larger than your tortillas and stack them. Place your first tortilla on top.
2. Heat a small frying pan on low. Chop the spinach into strips (I did not do this in the photos, and should have, easier to eat!). Add the fresh spinach and 2 tablespoons of the tomato pesto. Heat until SLIGHTLY WILTED-- it should not be dark green in color, only wilted.
3. Find a microwave save bowl and add about 1/3 cup of the egg whites, microwave until cooked. You can fry them instead but I think the texture is better from the microwave believe it or not, similar to poached eggs.
4. Layer from the bottom to top: 1-2 tablespoons tomato pesto, 1/2 oz feta cheese, wilted spinach, egg. Roll the wrap, bottom side down, then roll up in the foil. Don't forget to label them with dates too!
5. Repeat 7 more times! It helps to set up a "workstation" since you have to make these individually. I don't have a lot of counter space but if you do, spread it all out to make it go faster!
|The bowl of cheerios on the right is optional for parents of toddlers!|
When you are ready to eat them, remove the foil, wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1.5-2 minutes.