Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Brand New Blog


Ah, fresh starts. Don't you love them? This blog has been long overdue and I hope to really get to show off some of my favorite bits of randomness to anyone who is willing to listen!

Let me introduce myself :)

I am a 30 something wife to an amazing husband. We recently moved to a small bit of land down south (zone 9b for you gardeners) and are loving the homesteading life.. even if we just started. We don't have kids at the moment, so most of our time is spent working or at home on the "ranch". 


Our sunset view off the front porch, still can't believe it's ours!

Back when we lived "in town" I had a youtube page which I started because I love to scrapbook and found myself wanting to share it with the internet. I found Becky Higgins Project Life scrapbook products to be Uh-Mazing and I felt  like the whole world should know! I made a ton of videos and realized there were other passions I wanted to share with people- gardening, cooking and photography were just the beginning!


One of my favorite products of all time! This changed the way I scrapbook forever!


Then we moved "out here" and low and behold, the internet is... well.. sub-par to say the least. It takes 4 hours to upload one video. Ugh. Anywhoo.. I was thinking a blog may be the next best thing, so here we go! Wish me luck!

First up on the blog? A recipe.. sort of!

Let me start by saying, I love food. Who doesn't? And I do TRY to eat healthy. I don't always meet those goals, but this little dish (if you can call it that) does help satisfy a craving.

Warmed Cinnamon Apples:


Okay, so it doesn't LOOK amazing, but it tastes pretty darn good!


Ingredients:
1 apple (I prefer red because they are sweeter, but green will do in a pinch)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2  tbsp butter (or spray butter)
Optional Toppings: 
         caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
         vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
         graham crackers or leftover crescent rolls, biscuits, etc.
         whipped cream

Directions:
1. Slice or cube apple
2. sprinkle cinnamon
3. add small pats of butter
4. place in a bowl in microwave for 45 seconds-1minute
5. top with anything you want!

I keep apples around the house JUST for this recipe. It's similar to apple pie, but healthier :) You're welcome.

That's it for this post. Enjoy your dessert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment