Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!

2013 has arrived! 

The holiday chaos has finally come to an end, and life is allowed to return back to normal. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the holiday season.. everything is just.. more beautiful, plus it's a great excuse to get together and make great memories. I'm just glad to get back to regular old normal life at home.

With the end of the holidays always leaves me with a question of what to do with those beautiful cards we get from those we love. Two years ago I made my first video on the craftyhobbyhouse youtube page and sent it to Becky Higgins, which she kindly replied back (I was so excited). The video was about how I chose to save my Christmas cards. Then, in 2011, I made a better, tutorial based video, and I'm very pleased with the result. This is what I will probably ALWAYS do with my Christmas cards! 

You can see the video here: How I scrapbook my Christmas cards

Get comfy, because it's a long one :) Meanwhile, I'm still debating how long to keep up our current display.

Our happy little Christmas card wall this year.
It's going to be so bare when I take them down!
I have so many goals and plans this year. I realize how cliche it is to have resolutions, but I am a planner, and the new year always reminds me how much I LOVE using project life. I am so sad the new editions are still not out,  I'm totally stalking Becky Higgins facebook page awaiting their arrival. I have my plastics but no cards yet, so I will probably start printing photos and use my evernote app to make journaling notes. I think I've decided to go with the Seafoam edition. Just not a fan of the Olive this year.

Becky Higgins' plastics, waiting for their counterparts!
And speaking of plans- I came across Amy Tangerine's facebook page and saw this:
courtesy of http://www.amytangerine.com/blog
Oh how I seriously love this page. I love the colors and layout, but I LOVE the idea of a random facts page. She wrote things like "my bike has a flat tire" and "I love sweatpants"- these are the little things I always think should be documented but somehow never make it into my album. I think this is how I will start the new year out.. listing my favorite things and random facts. I think it would be awesome to look back and see how things change. I have also really tried to enter information at the beginning of each year, like the cost of a gallon of gas, bread, a dozen eggs and the average car, house etc. I have yet to find a good source so I've just used receipts!

That's all for now. Here's to a new year and lots of memories! 

Happy Crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment